The e-commerce arm of a Fortune 500 retailer turned to Blue Beyond to help them design and implement a transformational strategy to improve the company’s connection to customers through all digital channels. For this to happen, the company needed to rethink their current structure and ways of working and shift their operating model squarely towards how customers shop in the digital space. They needed to also build in a culture ready and able to support this work. The result was an organizational redesign affecting thousands of employees, with a specific emphasis on creating alignment with 175 roles mapped to the customer experience.
Blue Beyond’s experience in supporting global digital and physical retail leadership make it possible for the team to quickly understand the issues and provide support in developing the change strategy. Before the organizational redesign, there were unfocused roles and accountabilities, duplication of effort and lost sales opportunities. The Blue Beyond team worked closely with leadership and fully integrated into the client team to make it possible to quickly to support across the initiative.
Over the course of the engagement, the Blue Beyond team supported the:
- Development of strategy and organization design
- Communications and engagement approach and plan
- Development of new department structures, roles and job descriptions
- Senior leadership in executing on the plan and help pivot the team in preparation to meet the aggressive change timeline.
After the E-Commerce Organizational Redesign, The Client Enjoyed:
- More focused roles, clear ownership of work and execution resulting in greater job efficiency and productivity
- Increased sales
- Better customer experience.