A Fortune 500 technology company wanted to increase employee engagement through their quarterly, company-wide all-hands meeting. The team at Blue Beyond partnered closely with them to evolve the company meeting over time — increasing global attendance, overall engagement and satisfaction levels with the event.
In the past, this meeting had always been centered around their corporate headquarters. While a large percentage of the employee population is based at headquarters, the majority of the company’s employees are scattered around the world, with a huge contingent in India. It was clear the company needed to globalize their company meeting, and create an experience accessible to employees beyond the boundaries of of their largest office.
About the work
Once engaged, we partnered with our client to develop the strategy and implementation plan for enhancing worldwide participation in the company meeting by:
- Featuring a different site at every meeting – everything from the music to the opening video was created or inspired by the featured site
- Holding global contests and challenges with sites around the world
- Encouraging and providing support for local viewing parties and promotion
- Hosting the meeting at a different site location
- Building an army of “on the ground” support from regional comms and site managers
- Creating site-specific surveys and post-mortems to help enhance/hone/tailor efforts
- Setting goals and expectations with the client and stakeholders for incremental progress quarter over quarter
- Implementing a “Global Roll Call” for remote site viewing parties to say “hello” to the attendees around the world via video conference at the top of the meeting (this was our biggest effort, which also made the biggest difference!)
- Incorporating global participation into the live Q&A via video conferencing
Keeping your team engaged and connected to one another and to the company can be a challenge in today’s virtual workforce — particularly when connections need to be fostered virtually and in person. Blue Beyond understands the strategic importance of these ‘regular drumbeat’ meetings within a company and we’re experienced in making sure they are thought through from end-to-end — including in-room and virtual experience, tailored content and global engagement, so that everyone can engage in a way that fosters connections to each other and the business at hand.
Download Our Company Meeting Planning Guide
A well-orchestrated experience is just as important as killer content.
Whether you are planning a meeting of 10 or 10,000 there are critical things to think through, plan, and execute. While there is no one-size-fits-all approach, this guide will walk you through some of the key elements in planning and holding large, recurring company-wide meetings or town halls in today’s global, virtual and on-demand world.
Quotes from attendees:
“Love to see our colleagues around the world… it brings a sense of connection.”
“…please don't ever drop the Global Roll Call; I really felt connected!”
“I thought it send a very powerful message for the CEO to present from Bangalore.”